Like you, we (Michelle & Eric, the owners of CrossFit Grail) have been preoccupied with the news about COVID-19. We have been monitoring the guidelines outlined by the CDC. Our priority is to provide our members with a comfortable and safe environment. With that in mind, we want you to be aware of how we are working to reduce the risk of communicable disease at the Grail.
As you already know, cleanliness is one of our obsessions at the Grail. We deep clean twice a week with close attention to all surfaces (doorknobs, light switches, faucets, etc) and equipment, wiping them down with disinfectant spray after use. We will also be doing an extra-deep cleaning this weekend, that includes the use of a floor scrubber and disinfecting fogger.
We have always had hand sanitizer, soap and paper towels available to our members. We have spray bottles with germ-killing, disinfecting solution (germicide, fungicide, bactericide, virucide) for your use to wipe down equipment.
We would also like to ask for your help. Please:
- Wash your hands BEFORE and AFTER your class for at least 20 seconds with th provided anti-bacterial hand soap.
- Allow your Coach ONLY to use the keyboard at the kiosk to sign you into class and log your workout stats.
- Wipe down all of your equipment after use, such as kettlebells, wall balls, AbMats, etc. This also includes the pens, whiteboards and clickers you use.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so in the crook of your elbow or use a tissue. Dispose of used facial tissues in the trash and follow up with hand sanitizer or wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you are traveling and return from an infected area, refrain from coming into the gym for at least 72 hours. (We can provide you with at home workouts.)
- If you are sick or experiencing symptoms, do not come to the gym.
With all of that being said, as long as you are healthy, come on in; exercise is an immunity-booster! The gym is a safe haven for many of you with everything else going on in our lives and in the world and we want to continue to provide this outlet for your well-being. We are committed to staying open, as long as we are permitted to do so, and want to be responsible during this time. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and keep you informed if any changes should occur. We’re looking forward to helping you feel like your best, strongest self as we navigate through this rapidly-changing landscape.
~Michelle & Eric Keely
Owner, CrossFit Grail