Have you signed up to do ‘The Murph Challenge’ happening at the Grail and around the United States this Memorial Day? Then you are probably familiar with MURPH by now! If not, click here to learn more.
As you sacrifice your body and mind by participating in this challenge, also remember that this workout pays tribute to a fallen hero who sacrificed it all and should be taken seriously. This is just one day….
Here are some tips to help you prepare for ‘MURPH’ or any long endurance workout:
- HYDRATE! With WATER! (Not Beer!) Do I really need to say that?!?!
- REST DAY – do not get in that last intense workout or overdo it on anything physical (you will thank me for this one!) Enjoy your Sunday.
- EAT A LOT! (But not so much that you’re sick!) Plenty of protein, fat and carbs in equal proportions – you will need to have a lot of stored energy! Think Bacon-Avocado-Cheese Burger & Bakes Sweet Potato ‘fries’.
- MENTALLY PREPARE: you will battle fatigue and exhaustion and your body might be screaming. Visualize what is coming, see yourself pushing through and crossing the finish line!
- SLEEP – get at least 8 hours the two nights prior, and at least 8 hours per night the following three nights. You are going to need the rest for your body to repair.
- WORKOUT DAY WARM-UP: We will lead you through a warm-up prior to 3-2-1-GO to get the blood flowing and body warmed up for what’s about to come!
- POST WORKOUT – grab a shot of Driven Nutrition POST-WOD a half a banana then hit the brunch table!
- 72-HR BOUNCE BACK – your body will be screaming ‘NO!’, but what it really needs is ‘YES!’. Move something heavy as quickly as possible. No need for volume / heavy MetCon, just move some weight quickly.
- WATCH the movie ‘MURPH: The Protector.’ http://amzn.to/2r7BXSO
- REMIND yourself what MEMORIAL DAY is about – it is not just about a workout. Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have died in service of the United States of America.
For more information about ‘The Murph Challenge’ at CrossFit Grail on Memorial Day, click here.
Remember: You can do anything you set your mind to!
We will see you at 8am on Memorial Day, May 27.
~Michelle Ann Keely
Co-Owner, CrossFit Grail
*P.S. Reservations are now open for members in Wodify.