Wellness Wednesday 💮
Life is full of stresses – some we can control and some we can’t. But when you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed, follow these 7 tips to find your calm and happy place.
- Engage in physical activity: metabolizes excessive stress hormones and restores your body to a calmer state
- Practice mindfulness, meditation or yoga: helps increase self-esteem and lessens symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Cuddle with a pet or loved one: helps lower cortisol, which lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- Deep breathing: helps activated your parasympathetic nervous system, which controls the relaxation response
- Avoid or reduce caffeine and alcohol: caffeine is a stimulant that increases stress, while alcohol is a depressant
- Get more sleep: maximize your calming techniques before bed to relax your body, tire your eyes, and help you forget about the things that worry you
- Talk to someone: pick up the phone, Facetime or Zoom – can work by distracting you from your stressful thoughts or discussing problems.
For more Health and Fitness Tips, get started by booking your FREE Virtual Intro!