Wellness Wednesday 💮
Do you find yourself getting a craving for cookies, chips, candy, or anything else that just can’t be stopped?
Here are 7 Tips to Reduce Cravings:
- Eat more protein: Protein helps the body stay more satisfied for longer, which will stave off hunger pangs to reduce cravings
- Sleep at least 8 hours: Sleep deprivation disrupts hormone balance, leading to poor appetite regulation and strong cravings
- Drink Water: Drink at least 2 glasses of water as soon as a craving hits and wait a few minutes. Sometimes what feels like a food craving may be a sign of thirst. If the craving goes away, the body may just have been thirsty. And drinking more water may also help if you are trying to lose weight!
- Reduce your stress: Taking a break from work, doing some deep breathing, yoga or meditation can help the body to refocus and calm the mind.
- Exercise: Researchers found that a quick burst of exercise were more effective at reducing cravings than sitting passively.
- Plan your meals: By knowing what you’re going to eat, you eliminate the factor of spontaneity and uncertainty. Being prepared lessens temptations!
- Have some healthy fats: Enjoy a small amount of foods high in Omega-3 fatty acids to keep you satiated, such as fish, avocado, nuts and seeds
Do you need some accountability to help you stay on track with your health and nutrition?
We can help!
Book a FREE Virtual Consultation here: